Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude (& trying the blogging world again!)

After only a year and a half of absence, I'm going to try this blogging thing out again. Imagine how flattered I was when I ran into someone who I adore and haven't seen in at least a decade (you know who you are, Jeanette Weaver) this summer and found out that she had been checking my blog and didn't even know I had 3 kids. I told myself right then that I would get back to blogging and here I am. How did it get to be November already?

I thought it would be a good way to get back into blogging by having a goal, SO. . . I'm going to try to document my 30 days of gratitude.

#1 - Sunshine

Today I'm grateful for sunshine. It was unseasonably warm today and the kiddos and I enjoyed a nice afternoon at the park. Sunshine makes me a better person! I smile easier and complain less when I can see the sun. Kind of makes me wonder why I live in Chicago, but for right now I'm going to soak in this beautiful fall and its sunny days!

















































#2 - My Dear Mother

Today one of my friends suddenly lost her mother who was way too young. It made me remember that life is short and unpredictable and I have taken my own mother for granted.  I think it took becoming a mother myself to fully appreciate the sacrifices she has been making for the past 34 years!  In fact, my mom and I are closer now than we probably ever have been.  Living so far away has only made me appreciate her more.  I talk to her at least once (ok, maybe twice - or multiple times) a day and have been known to panic like a school child who left her lunch at home when I can't get a hold of her.

I'm grateful for a mother who is who she is and makes no apologies for it! She is full of life, creativity, kindness, energy, spunk, and generosity. I love that she stays young by golfing as much as she can. I love that she is humble enough to take nothing for granted. I love that she loves my dad. I love that she raised us to be independent.  I love that she loves birthdays and Christmas and makes them special.  I could go on and on.



























As much as I love the mother that she is, I have been completely overwhelmed by the grandma she is. My kids are truly blessed to have her as a grandma!


WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR GRANDMA LAURIE!




















2 comments:

K. Lou said...

Hey Camille! I don't even check my blog very often--so I am glad that today I did so I could tell you how cute your kiddos are. good job on the 30 day thing. hope you make it. hope things are going well for your family. love you guys!

Kurt and Michelle said...

I could not agree more, you do have an amazing mom that i am lucky enough to have as my mother-in-law, and YES she makes the best Grandma ever! What are you talking about not being able to write, that was awesome!!