Tuesday, November 15, 2011

#15 - My Dad

Today, I - a mother, a wife, a grown-up - needed my Dad!  I haven't outgrown the Daddy's girl thing.  Sometimes, there is just no one else who understands me or listens or calms me like my dad does.  My mom has often said that we are clones.  I'm going to go ahead and take that one as a compliment!

He stays young by playing basketball 3 days a week.
My kids think he's a professional basketball player1

He is a great sport!  Even when he gets talked into doing crazy mountain bike trips!

My kids LOVE him.  They have never been shy around him and aren't phased my his teasing!

This past summer we were able to go out to the farm and take the kids horseback riding.  It is always fun for me to see my dad in the place that he loves.  He is a cowboy who wears dress pants to work everyday!  The saddle that the kids rode, was my Grandpa Nielson's old saddle.  It was a special day for me.

My dad is great.  There is no one in the world like him.  I'm so grateful that he's mine!

No comments: