Friday, May 9, 2008

Spring Day Adventure

Last Tuesday we finally had a nice spring weather day, Katelyn had her friend Bekah over to play (it happened to be Bekah's birthday), and we needed an adventure. SO - with baby Jake peacefully and willingly in tow and the two princesses clinging to the back of the Joovy (have I mentioned how much I love my Joovy?), we went on a walk to a little shopping area a couple of blocks from our house.

I'm sure I looked ridiculous trying to push three kids in a stroller, but I'm over it!





I let the girls go to a ceramic paining store called Color Me Mine and they both painted little ballet slippers. You can tell by the picture how serious and dramatic the experience was.

We then walked next door to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The girls picked out white chocolate covered marshmallows with messy blue sprinkles. We picked up a couple of lemonades and enjoyed the nice day and our yummy treats at the fountain.
I love this picture because they are so happy and carefree!


I'm sure I wasn't prepared for how much drama or how much fun would enter my life by having a little girl. We are all about skirts, screaming, and matching Barbie band-aids. (Note - there are no actual booboos under the band-aids!)

5 comments:

Melissa Buecher said...

You ARE brave. If it were me, I'd have put the girls on leashes so as not to lose them in the city. Was this in downtown Chicago?

Dude, what's up with you not listing me on your friend's blog list? I know I am still a brat, but show some love. I'm going to start posting some sweet pictures of us from 6th grade on there if I don't feel it from you. I have one of you doing cheerleading jumps on the trampoline....

mandy said...

What a fun mom you are! I'm impressed. How fun to have an area so close that you can walk!

Merianne said...

You are such a great mom! You never cease to amaze me!

If/when I come to visit will you take me to the chocolate factory? YUM!

Melanie said...

Camille, you are such a fun mom! What fun memories your kids will have doing things like that. My poor kids' only excitement is when I give them a super duper big underdog on the swingset. I wish we lived closer and I could tag along and do fun things with you!

Julianne said...

Ha, I love the bandaids on their knee. That "carefree" picture is really so great.