Friday, May 23, 2008

Green Thumb Anyone?

It's not a secret to anyone who knows me that I didn't inherit my mother's green thumb! Regardless, I really wanted some flowers in our yard this year. Patrick agreed to help plant flower pots and I agreed to try to remember to water them. We can't plant flowers in our yard because of the cute - but oh so annoying - bunnies that devour them!

Katelyn had a lot of fun helping her dad plant the flowers. She wasn't as helpful as she thought she was, but Patrick was very patient. She was thrilled to wear her Dora gloves and her ladybug gardening shoes that her friend Erin (from Idaho) gave her.

Mom - I know there isn't a picture to prove it, but I even had gloves on and they even got a little dirt on them!

3 comments:

mandy said...

We just bought our flowers yesterday! I put it off because they are so much work. I am not a gardener either. Adam usually has to do all the watering but I have to do all the dead-heading which I do not enjoy. But they are pretty, aren't they?

We need to talk about Sept. when you get a chance!

Lee Family said...

Hi Camille!
windy city, eh? Is Chicago a permanent move? My parents just had a delay in Chicago for like 4 hrs flying home from visiting me.

I'm proud of you for tackling gardening projects. They intimidate me.
Oh, and Archuleta was robbed.
Good to hear from ya! Your family is sooo cute.

Anonymous said...

You are soooo funny! I love having flowers in my yard, I just have a hard time remembering to water them. Jess usually keeps up on it. He has been out of town a lot and the one thing he asks me to do is water the plants....I always forget!