Sunday, May 24, 2009

So Many Reasons to Smile!

We've had a great week with a lot of fun and smiles so I thought I would share some of the reasons why!

1 - My little brother, Kyle, surprised us with a visit so we have taken the opportunity to drag him along and do a couple of fun things like - -


Brookfield zoo - I'm trying to justify the membership I purchased so it is going to be our summer hotspot! The kids act like it's the first time everytime! We even pretend we are afraid of the animatronic dinosaurs!




2- Seriously, do I need to explain? This little guy is the happiest, funniest little thing I have ever seen. He has finally decided that walking is cool, his blue eyes could melt you, I'm starting to get used to his slobbery ways, he teases his sister like crazy, he's always up for an adventure, AND he LOVES kisses. The big, wet, slobbery, cover-your-whole mouth kind! He's a keeper!


3 - Katelyn officially made it through her first year of preschool. YIPEE!



4 - The kids have BOTH been sleeping through the night - enough said!



5 - HOLIDAY!!! We have a holiday with THREE daddy days in a row. Patrick is awesome about getting us out of the house and making memories. We went on a little Saturday trip to Starved Rock state park and did a little hiking and sight seeing. It was great.

Tomorrow (Memorial Day) we are off to Six Flags. We'll see if we are still smiling after that!

5 comments:

K. Lou said...

so much fun! I think the best thing to smile about is the kid sleeping through the night!! it's so great seeing your cute family. and the memories you are making!

Camille said...

How fun!!! I LOVE long weekends with Kevin!!
I am cracking up over the pic of Katelyn sleeping with the eye mask on!! Too much!!!! LOL!!!

The Hobson Clan said...

Thanks for the update of your fun weekend! So fun to have Kyle there. Love the pics! Does Katelyn really sleep with an eye mask?

Kurt and Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun, we can't wait to part with you soon.

Rydalch Family said...

Hey camille! It's Jesser! I need your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog! My e-mail is jesser@onewest.net! Cute pictures! I can't believe how big your kids are!