We were able to pick up my cousin, Kaylie, who was in Chicago and went to the American Girl store and my favorite restaurant - The Grand Lux - for dinner. What a fun day!
Friday, August 29, 2008
It was time for a Mommy Day!
Every Saturday is "Daddy Day". We look forward to it all week and we try to fill the day with fun. Well, I'm sure that most of you can relate with me when I say I was tired of being the nagging, disciplining mom. I was tired of being the mean stepmother and Patrick being the handsome prince. So - last week Katelyn and I had a "Mommy Day".
We began the day by going bowling with several of our friends from our ward. It was so much fun. We then picked up a couple of Happy Meals from McDonalds and headed to Chicago.
We went to the Museum of Science and Industry where we only saw the things that Katelyn wanted to! We watched baby chicks hatch, we pretended to drive John Deere tractors, we played in water, but the best part of the museum was. . .
. . .when we stopped at the old fashioned Main Street for an ice cream sundae.
Yes, we ate it all!
We were able to pick up my cousin, Kaylie, who was in Chicago and went to the American Girl store and my favorite restaurant - The Grand Lux - for dinner. What a fun day!
We were able to pick up my cousin, Kaylie, who was in Chicago and went to the American Girl store and my favorite restaurant - The Grand Lux - for dinner. What a fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun day! When I have the chance to hang out with my kids, one-on-one, I'm always reminded how much I really like them. You are a great mom!
I want to come! How fun. One on one is so good for the soul. Katelyn is looking so grown up! You ARE a great mom.
What day were you in Chicago? I was in town but stayed downtown all week last week.
So much fun! I love Katelyn's hair! She looks darling and that sundae looks divine!
Post a Comment