Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where did November go?

Somehow the time has flown by and I have managed to neglect the world of blogging! November flew by with a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and preparations being made for Christmas. Our Christmas decorations were set up promptly the day after Thanksgiving and little did Patrick know I had already been listening to Christmas music for weeks! I love this time of year!

In addition to all of our holiday excitement, our little guy hit the big 9 months and along with it came a couple of developmental milestones!Drinking out of a straw! He now thinks he is so good at it that he begs for anything that has a straw in it (including my Diet Coke!)

His favorite toy is a ball. He is usually holding at least one. I claim it is his first word, but it's actually a lot of "a ba ba ba ba".

Somehow successfully manages to go from crying to giggling upon seeing the camera!

At 9 months, he is wearing 12-18 month clothes
weighing in at 22 lbs.
measuring "tall" in length
not technically crawling, but managing to find a way to get into everything
giving great slobbery kisses
and wrapping me tighter around his finger everyday!

15 comments:

mandy said...

How fun to see new pictures of Jake. He's gotten so much bigger than when we saw you. He is perfectly adorable, as always. Have fun with your family this Christmas!

Anonymous said...

He is darling, Camille!

Wendy

K. Lou said...

Oh, Camille! He is such a cutie!! I bet you guys just love him to death.

Merianne said...

He's sure a cutie and is such a Nielson! I'm sure your parents & brothers are thrilled that his first word is ball! :)

Julianne said...

OK, did his hair suddenly turn blonde? I was so surprised to see that first picture and he has blond hair! I guess I've always thought he had brown hair.

Anyway - he is a dollie. So cute.

Melanie said...

Jake is such a cutie! I loved the update. I can't believe how much he has changed since the last pictures you posted.

The Hobson Clan said...

Oh my goodness he has grown! I too have neglected the blogging world. Darn Heritage Makers! :-) Jake is so darling! I can't wait to see you guys in January!

Camille said...

What a sweet little dumpling he is!! I can't believe how much he weighs!! I love chubby babies!! They are the best!!

Kim Hoover said...

Your little guy isn't so little anymore! Wow, time has a way of doing that. I need to get your books back to you. Do you want me to mail them or are you in Rexburg for X-mas at all? Go to my blog and let me know.

birdmama said...

I guess I can't call him "Baby Jake" anymore. He's getting too big! He's such a darling little man.

Hilary said...

Is it just me or is he a little Neilson? I'm seeing Kyle. SO Cute. Boys are so fun especially cuz they love their mommies!

Kim said...

Hi Camille and Patrick,

Cute family, and I loved your Christmas card. Jake has such a big smile! He's too cute, just like Katelyn. I can't believe he's almost 1!!

Anonymous said...

He is SO handsome!!

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' cute! If it makes you feel better Max is 7 months old and weighs 23 lbs and is in 18-24 month clothes! Little boys are so fun!

JDM said...

He is adorable.
Our boys were big as well. Don't ask me how that happened since they were premies.

And it's good to hear that we share diet coke as a vice!