Monday, April 21, 2008

Idaho Adventure

Katelyn, Jake, and I returned last week from our first fly-with-2-kids adventure. I was a little nervous to be in the air with 2 kids by myself, but they were amazing! We had a flawless experience traveling. I was a walking advertisement for the Joovy stroller! If you haven't ever seen one, check it out!!!






One of the highlights of the trip for me was that we were able to spend some time with my grandparents. Grandpa and Grandma Walker are always so sweet to visit with and Katelyn and Jake loved them. Living so far away from family has taught me to cherish the times we get to be together, especially with my aging grandparents.



Katelyn was completely spoiled with love and attention. We had a little birthday party for her since her birthday was only a week away and she thought she was the princess of the place. Aunt Stacey and Uncle Travis made her day by giving her 2 little dancing outfits. I'm sure they don't realize that now every morning I have to be the mean mother by telling her she can't actually wear them in public!

We had a wonderful weekend with Travis, Stacey, Kurt, Michelle, Kevin, and Katie all coming to Rexburg for the weekend to see us. Thanks guys!



AND - we dug out all the scrapbook albums that we needed to determine that our little Jake is an almost identical look-a-like to his Uncle Kyle.



Seeing uncle Kevin with hair was a new experience for us! Katelyn tried very carefully to tell Kevin "I like your new haircut, but I kind of don't really like your curlers." How's that for trying to be tactful?

Thanks Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Brad for letting us crash your house! We can't wait to come back!

5 comments:

mandy said...

I'm so glad that it all went well for you! I've heard about Joovy but I don't know much about them. Which one do you have?

Merianne said...

I love seeing those pictures of grandma & grandpa. I am so amazed at times that grandpa is still around. Looks like you had a great time. Wish I could have been there with everybody!

Lici said...

I love those little dance outfits that your little girl is wearing. They are too cute! She's a dancer in the making it looks like. I'm glad you had fun with your family!

Anonymous said...

So fun to see your fam! I agree little Jake looks alot like Kyle! Grandma & Grandpa look great too! Hope you guys are doing well and have recovered from your trip:) I am adding you on my blog since I finally started one:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...those photos of your kids with grandma and grandpa are so cute...so so jealous!