Sunday, April 6, 2008

Daddy Day

This morning when Katelyn woke up she asked me the same question she asks me every morning. "Mom, where can be my dad?" When I answered her back that her dad was downstairs in the kitchen instead of "daddy's at work today", her entire face lit up and she said, "I can't believe I didn't even remember that today is Daddy Day."

Katelyn wants Daddy to wash her hair, Daddy to help her get dressed, Daddy to help her with her newly potty trained bathroom issues, Daddy to pretend to be the handsome prince (as opposed to Mom pretending to be the mean stepmother), and Daddy to take her to the park. That being said, I don't know who loves Daddy Day more - Katelyn or Mommy!

4 comments:

mandy said...

Hooray for Daddy day! I always loved it when my kids learned to say Dada before Mama. Guess who they called for in the middle of the night?

Jen Carpenter said...

Great post! I love that you are blogging, you husband is darling, and your kids are beautiful! I hope you are doing fabulous! Drop me a line sometime! Love ya!

Ryan and Julianne said...

OK, that is a great story. She is a very funny girl, and way to go for getting a bit of a "day off" (if you can have a day off with a newborn around!). Cute cute!

Camille said...

Hi there Camille! Pat sent Kevin your blog address, and then Kevin sent it to me. Your little Katelyn is adorable! Congrats on baby Jake. He is so cute!! Here is our blog... http://camille-3girlsand2guys.blogspot.com/ feel free to check it out. Hope all is well with all of you!
Oh yes, and I loved your post about "Mother of the Year". I'm sorry your day didn't go the way you planned, but it is so nice to hear about other Mommy's out there who have days just like me!! And I love that poem!! I will have to copy that one!!